The World Languages Communicative Proficiency Certificate helps you further develop your proficiency level in one of the target languages taught in the Department of World Languages and Literatures and deepen your understanding of the cultures of the people who speak this language. It can enhance the general education of any student and allow those who have already studied their target language in K-12 to continue their linguistic adventure. Higher proficiency in any second language prepares you from a variety of disciplines to work more effectively with others in your future workplaces – whether those workplaces are in business, higher education, government, or non-profit agencies.
Consists of 12 credits.
- FLNG 250 – Introduction to World Languages Credits: 3
- 9 credits in one world language at 300-400 level taken at UWSP and/or one of our approved study-abroad programs.
Preferred Course Sequence
- FREN 313/GERM 313/SPAN 313
- FREN 314/GERM 314/SPAN 314
- FREN 315/GERM 315/SPAN 315
View UWSP course catalog.
Global Seal of Biliteracy: Apply, test, and receive the certification from the Global Seal of Biliteracy and provide a copy of the certification to the Department of World Languages and Literatures
MEET YOUR FACULTY
- Associate Professor of French
- Chair, Department of World Languages
- Professor of Spanish
- Basic Second Language Proficiency certificate director